Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Inaugural Post

What a day to start a new blog...five kids when it's 115 outside and I can't walk through my house without tripping. I have reverted to yelling today. And not a firm, strong, in control General, trying to get attention of the troops, but mom who feels she is terribly outnumbered. Some days we have terrible trauma symptoms, severe acting out. And other days we have regular kid sin - disobedience, lying, back talking, not listening, ignoring the parents. did I say NOT LISTENING!!!???

Why this blog and who are we? We are moms and we are lovers and followers of Jesus. We have kids who have come from hard places. We have large families. We are in love and we are usually exhausted.

We are exhausted from the noise, the physical clutter, mental clutter, struggling children and the the constant, constant, constant of it all. If we could clock in and clock out like a worker at a group home it might feel more manageable. But it's 24/7 and it doesn't feel manageable at all. And it can't feel maneagable. It's not. That's why we need Jesus.

So this blog is formed with the belief that Jesus was telling the truth when He said "Come to me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest, take my yoke upon you, for my yoke is easy and my burden light."

We are here because we cannot escape the constant chaos. But we can find calm in it. To that end, the conversation begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment